Fast and Simple Homemade Chicken Curry Recipe2014-10-22
- Prep Time : 0m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 0m
Fast and Simple Homemade Chicken Curry Recipe
Chicken curry recipe could be your dinner menu in the home with your lovely family, now. Serving a big plate of homemade chicken curry will be very easy. Want to know? First, you have to prepare all of the ingredients that will you need to make a plate of chicken curry.
In this Chicken Curry recipe you need 1 big onion, 6 garlic’s that have been roughly chopped, 50 gr ginger roughly chopped too, 4 tbsp vegetable oil, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp fennel seed, 5 cm cinnamon stick, 1 tsp chili flakes, 1 tsp masala salt, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp caster sugar, 400 gr cam chopped tomatoes, 8 chicken thighs (skinned, boneless about 800 gr), 250 ml hot chicken stock, and the last but not least 2 tbsp chopped coriander.
After completed the ingredients, you can start to cook chicken curry. Like the name, this chicken curry was really easy to cook at your home but the taste will not be disappointed. Check this step by step to make your homemade chicken curry out!
- Transfer roughly chop the onion to a small food processor and add 3 tbsp of water. For this step you can use a stick blender or coarsely grate the onion into a bowl. If you are grating the onion, there’s no need to add any water.
- Put the chopped garlic and ginger into the same food processor and add 4 tbsp water. You have to process until smooth and spoon into another small bowl. You also can crush the garlic to a paste with a knife or garlic press and finely grate the ginger.
- Heat the oil in a wok or sturdy pan set over a medium heat. Combine the cumin and fennel seeds with the cinnamon and chili flakes. Then you can add to the pan in one go. Swirl everything around for about 30 seconds until the spices release a fragrant aroma.
- Add the onion paste and fry until the water evaporates and the onions turn a lovely dark golden (it will take about 7-8 minutes). Then add the garlic and ginger paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Don’t forget to always stirring all the time.
- Stir in the masala salt, turmeric, and sugar then continue cooking for 20 seconds before tipping in the tomatoes. Continue cooking on a medium heat for about 10 minutes without a lid until the tomatoes reduce and darken.
- Cut the chicken thighs into 3 cm chucks and add to the pan once the tomatoes have thickened to a paste. Cook for 5 minutes to coat the chicken for 8-10 minutes without a lid until the chicken is tender and the masala lightly thickened. You might need to add an extra ladleful of stock or water if the curry needs it.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with Indian flatbreads or fluffy basmati rice and a pot of yogurt on the side.
Voila! Now you have a special menu for dinner. The homemade chicken curry is ready to be served for your family. So easy and simple chicken curry recipe to cook, right? Happy cooking!